Swimming is a non-weight bearing, zero impact exercise that is beneficial for patients with arthritic and painful conditions. It can also provide relief from associated swelling and stiffness. The hydrotherapy pool is an anti gravity environment which is also used for active range of motion of weak limbs especially for neurological patients.
The aquatic treadmill is surrounded by glass sides to enable the hydrotherapist to monitor the animal’s joint range of motion, stance time and stride length. The treadmill has a variable speed allowing us to achieve the correct gait pattern for the animal.
Walking on the treadmill is a closed chain exercise; the foot is fixed against a form of resistance. This method of walking with the support of the water targeting the relevant joints is an ideal way of re-educating the gait post surgery or injury. The treadmill is extremely useful for making the transition from water to dry land by gradually increasing the load on the affected joint.
For healthy dogs both the hydrotherapy pool and aquatic treadmill can be used to improve cardiovascular fitness and stamina.
The treatment at Hawksmoor has been excellent, the staff are brilliant and mindful of each of their patient’s needs.
Meet The Hydrotherapy Team
Please note: Advertisement content shown at the end of this video is not supported by Hawksmoor and is not the property of Hawksmoor
What to Expect
- We allow ONE dog to swim per session
- Each patient is given a full heath check prior to their session
- Each patient is showered and dried (either blow or towel dried) post session
- Each patient is provided with an individually tailored treatment program devised by our senior qualified Hydrotherapist and Veterinary Nurse
- Our fixed price is per session regardless of swim time
- Pet insurance – many companies will cover the cost of hydrotherapy treatment. As a member of the Canine Hydrotherapy Association (CHA) Hawksmoor are professionally recognised by all insurance companies, however please check with your company directly.
Please Note: It is not always possible to book your pet with the same hydrotherapist due to a staff rota system. However, all our hydrotherapists are fully qualified having achieved a minimum of the ‘Level 3 Certificate in Hydrotherapy for Small Animals’, in order that we give your pet our best attention at all times.
|Tuesday||13:00 – 21:00|
|Thursday||09:00 – 21:00|
|Friday||09:00 – 17:00|
|Saturday||09:00 – 17:00|
|Sunday||09:00 – 17:00|